You can view the newsletter in it's entirety here.
Spotlight on The Dukes' Club Virtual Week
7-11 September 2020
The aim of Dukes' Virtual Week is to deliver high quality educational content to colorectal surgery trainees on a global platform.
- Spotlight on Colorectal Trauma with Miss Kate Hancorn, UK, Dr Scott Steele, Cleveland Clinic, USA and Dr Adam Boutall, SA
- Spotlight on The colorectal anastomosis, with Mr Potter, Uk, Professor Patricia Sylla, USA, Dr Roel Hompes, Netherlands, Professor Quentin Denost, France
- Spotlight on Intestinal Failure, with the Salford Intestinal Failure Team
- Spotlight on Colorectal Training Across Continents, with Mr Joshua Burke, UK, Dr Hasitha Balasuriya, Australia, Dr Shreya Gupta, USA, Dr Ruth Blanco, Spain, Dr Kavitha Chetty, SA
- Pelvic Sidewall Lymphadenectomy, Dr Akio Shiomi, Japan
- Kono-S Anastomosis, Dr Alessandro Fichera, USA
- Rectovaginal Fistula repair, Miss Karen Telford, UK
- Parastomal Hernia Repair, Professor Fillip Muysoms, Belgium
- Taking Training Virtual, Professor Danail Stoyanov, UK
- Personalising IBD Treatments, Associate Professor Amy Lightner, USA
- Complete Clinical Response-The New Gold Standard for Rectal Cancer, Dr Rodigro Perez, Brazil
- 5 ways to hit 200 colonoscopies
- 5 ways flatten your laparoscopic learning curve
- 5 ways to improve your research portfolio
- 5 FRCS Questions I never expected
Early Years Consultant Network
EYCN, The Early Years Consultant Network, are joining chapter meetings across the country introducing the group’s principles of peer support, inclusivity and mentorship.
EYCN will soon invite EYCN members to attend an exciting selection of webinars and take part in a pilot mentorship programme designed for new Colorectal Consultants.
We would like to invite all new Colorectal Consultants up to 5 years post appointment, ST8 trainees and Fellows, who are intending to obtain a Consultant post within the next two years, to become EYCN members.
EYCN membership is FREE for ACPGBI members.
Please confirm your EYCN membership by emailing the EYCN committee
COLORECTAL GOES VIRAL
‘When the drugs don’t work’
16 September at 1 pm
Colorectal Goes Viral finishes with the focus on surgery for IBD.
Our distinguished international faculty of Christianne Buskens (Holland), Amy Lightner (USA) and Par Myrelid (Sweden) will be highlighting the importance of surgery in the management of perianal and small bowel Crohn’s disease, as well as the reconstructive options available to patients with ulcerative colitis.
The discussion will be led by our UK panel of experts, including Laura Hancock, Tom Pinkney and Janindra Warasuvitarne, chaired by Justin Davies.
We look forward to you joining us for the last webinar in the Colorectal Goes Viral series, for what will certainly be unmissable for those with an interest in IBD surgery.
Wessex Chapter Representative
Trent Virtual Chapter Meeting
Management of complex cases and making difficult decisions: Learning by challenging the experts. Preparation for Part III FRCS
ASGBI and NFAS present: The Emergency General Surgery Symposium